The castle was built to protect the Saale valley and the old transport routes running through it. In 1826 Franz Kugler wrote the famous song “An der Saale hellem Strande...” at Rudelsburg Castle. The castle’s varied history ended when it was burned down, and now only the two keeps remain.
Today there is a restaurant here, from which visitors have an excellent view of the Saale valley.
Daily 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wed-Sun 10 a.m. to approx. 5 p.m.