Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Exhibition in the Romanesque Centre on the occasion of the Open Monument Day

© Copyright by United Cathedral Founders, Falko Matte

Description:

Das Europäische Romanik-Zentrum zeigt zum Tag des offenen Denkmals Archivaufnahmen.

Under the title "Constructing Orthographic Projections from Perspective Images [...]", the European Romanesque Centre will be showing historical measurement images from the archives of the Institute of Art History and Archaeology of Europe at the University of Halle on the occasion of the Open Monument Day.
Mit der Gründung der Königlich Preußischen Messbild-Anstalt zu Berlin 1885 war die erste Institution zur systematischen
Das Europäische Romanik-Zentrum zeigt zum Tag des offenen Denkmals Archivaufnahmen.

Under the title "Constructing Orthographic Projections from Perspective Images [...]", the European Romanesque Centre will be showing historical measurement images from the archives of the Institute of Art History and Archaeology of Europe at the University of Halle on the occasion of the Open Monument Day.
With the founding of the Königlich Preußische Messbild-Anstalt zu Berlin in 1885, the first institution for the systematic recording of monuments by means of photographic recording was created. In 1909 the Messbild-Anstalt published its first catalogue with 1,064 photographs of 384 buildings. These photographs record historical conditions that have changed today and are thus important sources of research even more than 100 years after their creation. Even then, however, they not only served the purpose of documenting historical monuments, but were also distinguished by their outstanding quality and special aesthetic value. Despite advanced technical developments, this quality is often still unsurpassed today. The art history department of the University of Halle acquired many of these measurement images applied to large cardboard for teaching art history. A small selection will now be shown in Merseburg. The accompanying texts were written by members of the European Romanesque Centre.
 Read more
  • Tourist event
  • for all weathers
  • entrance free

When:

13.09.2020 - 11:00 Uhr

Where:

Venue:

Merseburg Cathedral

Cathedral square 7
06217 Merseburg
Phone: +49 3461 / 210045
fax: +49 3461 / 720621
E-mail: fuehrung@merseburger-dom.de

Organizer:

United Cathedral Founders

Cathedral square 19
06618 Naumburg
Phone: +49 3445 / 2301-0
website: http://www.vereinigte-domstifter.de
Share this contribution
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
share on xing

You might also be interested in this

Share this contribution
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
share on xing