It was built on the 120-metre-high hill, and the rock of which the hill consisted, porphyry, also provided the construction material. The family monastery, which served as a burial place, existed until 1538. Just under 20 years later the church caught fire, then gradually fell into decay. Its destruction was followed by its reconstruction in the years 1853-57. The densely packed construction style is a key feature of the church’s appearance.
Daily 7.45 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Daily 7.45 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Augustinerstiftskirche St. Petrus
phone: +49 (0)34606 20109
fax: +49 (0) 34606 21405