Europe is investing here
Creation of a personnel position to ensure the guest service and office organisation of the Saale-Unstrut-Tourismus e.V. in Naumburg in connection with the implementation of the master plan "Reorganisation of the tourism promotion of the Saale-Unstrut-Tourismus e.V.
The Saale-Unstrut-Tourismus e.V. was founded in 2002 and has since then functioned as a regional tourism association in the south of Saxony-Anhalt. The association currently has 70 members, including the Burgenlandkreis and Saalekreis districts, towns such as Naumburg, Weißenfels, Zeitz and Merseburg, as well as association communities and tourism players such as hotels, excursion destinations/museums and active providers.
The most important task of the Saale-Unstrut-Tourismus e.V. is the promotion of tourism, which takes place in close cooperation with its members.
The association is an important partner and interface between the municipalities and service providers with regard to the marketing of their tourism offers. The Saale-Unstrut-Tourismus e.V. is a networker and provider of ideas.
Its mission is to strengthen regional and local, social and cultural identity in order to achieve a credible and authentic image of the entire region. Only a clear positioning will create the basis for new and further development of tourism products. Guests and tourists should become aware of the beauty and uniqueness of the region, internalize it and feel permanently connected to it.
Thus the following objectives determine the work of the association:
- Increasing awareness of the region as an attractive national and international travel destination
- Development of a high image
- Increase in customer numbers
- Increase of the service quality
- Further development of tourism potentials and attractions
Financing is provided through membership fees, project financing, sponsoring and refinancing of measures.
The master plan "Reorganisation of the tourism promotion of the Saale-Unstrut-Tourismus e.V.", which was adopted by the general meeting of the association in 2013, defines an extended field of tasks for the association and the office. The master plan lists the necessity of at least four full-time positions for its implementation. Currently, the office is staffed by three full-time employees and one part-time employee. To date, extensive reorganisation measures have been implemented and new areas of responsibility such as continuous press work, increased external marketing or stronger networking of the tourism players have been integrated into the day-to-day business of the office.
Due to the extensive scope of duties, the ever-increasing expectations of guests and the growing interest in the Saale-Unstrut region, including the nomination of Naumburg Cathedral as a UNESCO World Heritage Site on 1 July 2018, the scope of activities in the office has again increased. A smooth operation can hardly be maintained by four employees. The creation of a staff position to ensure guest service and office organisation is therefore absolutely necessary.
Ensuring the ongoing operation of the Saale-Unstrut-Tourismus e.V. office and the associated guest services
- Answering of guest inquiries as well as individual advice by telephone, e-mail/Internet and letter
- Accommodation service with the help of the regional booking system
- Editing of guest notes
- Regular quality assurance, participation in training courses and quality assurance measures (further training)
- Preparation and implementation of certifications and classifications (Q-seal, classification of holiday homes)
- Preparation and provision of tourist data incl. photo database for own use and transfer to marketing partners
- Preparation of data from market research and statistics
- Regular information for tourism partners on trends, current developments and participation opportunities (creation of the monthly newsletter for tourism partners)
- Coordination of the brochure display at around 100 information points in the Saale-Unstrut region
- Maintenance and control of the prospectus inventory
- Organisation and coordination of internal association events (room booking, organisation of catering, sending out invitations and monitoring the return of registrations, etc.)
- Activities of general office organization (incoming and outgoing mail, inventory control and reordering of office supplies, etc.)
The project is financed by the ESF Operational Programme.