Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Haynsburg

© Copyright by Haynsburg

Description:

The castle was first mentioned in a document in 1185 and was mentioned in 1238 as a fortified place.

The castle was first mentioned in 1185 with the nobleman "Conradus de Hagensberg" (1223) and was mentioned in 1238 in a document of Margrave Heinrich as a fortified place for the protection of the imperial hunting palace in Kayna and for road safety and trade. Owners changed frequently. Already in the 15th century the castle served
The castle was first mentioned in a document in 1185 and was mentioned in 1238 as a fortified place.

The castle was first documented in 1185 with the nobleman "Conradus de Hagensberg", demonstrably until 1223, and was mentioned in 1238 in a document of Margrave Heinrich as a fortified place.

It was used to protect the imperial hunting palace in Kayna and for road safety and trade. Owners changed frequently. Already in the 15th century the castle served agricultural purposes.

Due to construction work, the castle, which today houses the hotel and riding school, is in good condition. The visitor has a wonderful view over the Elster valley. The Elsterradweg and numerous hiking possibilities are in the immediate vicinity.

 Read more

Where:

Address:

Haynsburg

Burgstrasse 10
06722 Weather dressing
Phone: +49 36693 / 22225
E-mail: info@vgem-dzf.de
website: http://www.vgem-dzf.de/

You might also be interested in this

Share this contribution
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
share on xing